- Conforms to DNP3 Level 4+ Subset Definitions requirements.
- Supports any physical communication network including RS 232/485 and TCP/IP.
- Can be used in event-driven or non-event-driven environments.
- Supports binary (input and output), analog (input, deadbands, and output), counter (running and frozen), time objects, octet strings, virtual terminal, device attributes, data sets, and internal indications.
- Supports File Transfer objects for transferring large data blocks (e.g., configuration or oscillographic (COMTRADE) data).
- Supports Unsolicited Responses and/or polled Report-By-Exception (RBE) for change event objects.
- Supports function codes for confirm, read, write, select, operate, direct operate, direct operate NoAck, freeze, freeze NoAck, freeze and clear, freeze and clear NoAck, cold/warm restart, assign class, file transfer, enable/disable unsolicited response, activate config, record current time, and delay measurement.
- Supports qualifier codes for start-stop range (0x00, 0x01), all points (0x06), limited quantity(0x07, 0x08), indexed (0x17, 0x28), and free format (0x5B).
- Supports DNP3 Secure Authentication.
- Extensive, built-in (but removable) diagnostics including a protocol analyzer used to visually decipher protocol messages. The diagnostic and analyzer strings can be directed to any target system display device, even a serial port or RAM buffer.
- Large response messages can consist of multiple data link frames and multiple application layer fragments.
- Provides support for statistics of communication protocol errors such as bad CRC, invalid synchronization byte, and incorrect frame sequence number to help identify faulty communication lines.
- No royalty fees per unit sold.
Outstation Library Features
- Database manager maps randomly organized Target Application data points (binaries, controls, integers, floats, etc.) into sequential points within DNP3 object groups.
- Example Database Interface implementations are provided for testing, illustration, and as templates to be used for developing final Database Interface.
- Report-by-Exception data can be automatically generated by configurable scans of Target Application data.
- Supports Virtual Terminal objects for embedding other protocols.
Master Library Features
- An unlimited number of remote devices can be configured on an unlimited number of communication ports, and new remote devices can be added at runtime.
- Multiple devices can be assigned to the same communication port to support multiple network communication topologies.
- Database manager maps received DNP3 data objects into Target Application data points (binaries, controls, integers, floats, etc.).
ANSI C Source Code
- Written in ANSI-Standard C Source Code, under a strict corporate coding standard.
- Designed to be processor and operating system independent, using any ANSI-Standard C compiler.
- Simple configuration for big-endian or little-endian byte order.
- Can be used with or without a Real Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Database interface supports any database, ranging from direct I/O input with no storage to complex, relational databases.
- Includes sample applications and source code for Low-Level Target Interface for Linux and Windows (see Design Details for Implementation).
- Typical product integration times are less than three weeks.
- Based on Triangle MicroWorks, Inc. industry-proven Source Code Library design.
- Supports all .NET Languages (C#, J#, Managed C++,VB .NET, etc.) and tools.
- Compatible with .NET 2.0 and later Frameworks.
- Integrates with Visual Studio Help.
- Available as single-use or redistributable with source code.
- Source code version includes corresponding ANSI-Standard C Source Code Library.
- Includes built-in simple database with save/restore capabilities; also supports user-defined database.
- Ideal for quick development of products and tools requiring DNP3 support.
- Scalable for large implementations.
- Typical product integration time of less than one week.
Current Release: v3.16.01
Release Date: September 2013
Newest Features in this Release
- Corrected an issue where DNP3 transport layer would reject a message if the last frame only contained 2 bytes of transport data.
Key Additions to Recent Releases
- Addressed all items associated with ICS-CERT Advisory (ICSA-13-240-01).
- Improved input verification.
- Made improvements to DNP3 Secure Authentication interface.
- Enhanced Assign Class functions.
- Added configuration option to disable support for receiving broadcast messages.
v3.14 – Enhanced DNP3 SAv5 implementation.
v3.07 – Added sample Linux and Windows target implementation.
v3.05.01 – Added updates to DNP3 SA approved by DNP3 TC.
v3.01.01 – Added ability to keep time on a per-session basis.
v3.01.00 – Added support for DNP3 SAv2.
v3.00.44 – Updates to Data Sets.
v3.00.43 – Added support for Data Sets and Object 0 (Device Description)
v3.00.38 – Added support for Double Bit data types and Self Address Discovery mechanism.
v3.00.36 – Added support for File Transfer Event Mode.
v3.00.35 – Added memory alignment support.
v3.00.32 – Added support for multiple threads.