MINDSPHERE® EFFICIENCY SUITE
WE MAKE THE CLOUD EASY
AT A GLANCE:
How can you model and structure your plant in MindSphere®?
Our automated tools add a whole new dimension of simplicity, efficiency, and precision.
Our tools are made the way their users think.
Modeling complex production plants in the IoT cloud can quickly reach its limits. Manual effort makes this project more difficult and increases the likelihood of errors. The plants then have to be connected one data-point at a time because the added value of IoT solutions can only be increased if data is unequivocally assigned to devices. The question is: Are there any automated tools that can do this?
WHAT GIVES YOU ADDED VALUE:
These are precisely the engineering tools we offer for MindSphere®. With the Visual Hierarchy Modeler, you can model your plant in the cloud – efficiently, securely, and with a fraction of the effort. With the Connectivity Extension, you automatically solve the problem of linking quickly and accurately for plants of all sizes. Naturally, you can flexibly modify and reuse the data model throughout the plant’s entire lifecycle.
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY:
First is automation using tools that we believe are unique on the market. Second is structuring, because unlike the data lake philosophy, data and device linking is unambiguously defined from the very start. Third is the graphical interface that’s made for users. You describe the devices – and the code behind them is already embedded in our solution.
OVERVIEW OF THE VISUAL HIERARCHY MODELER MINDSPHERE® APP
- Hierarchical view of the IoT model (plant structure)
- Intuitive workflow
- Import and export of data structures, reuse of identical data structures across projects
- Support for bulk engineering
The faster way to the digital twin
The VHM (Visual Hierarchy Modeler) app is perfect for plant-building, machine-building, production, manufacturing, the process industries, and many other areas of application. It helps you display your data structures on the IoT platform and quickly and easily generate digital twins. And it’s much faster and easier than using MindSphere® tools.
- Support from the TIA Portal OPC UA server model (exported, for example, from S7 1500)
- Support for CSV import for Modbus, OPC UA, and S7
- Simplified connectivity: choice of existing tags instead of totally new input
- Automatic data model generation plus assignment to data-points based on connectivity information
- Automatic generation of the connectivity configuration and automatic generation of the aspect type, asset type, and asset instance
- Automatic generation of the assignment between connectivity and data model (automapping)